The last decades have been dominated by the rapid changes introduced by the technology revolution, which have tremendous influence on our daily life. Today we are facing a myriad of new challenges. Technology-based industry has matured in many ways and the required skills for future engineers are much more complex in a world where "machines/computers" perform many of the engineering tasks. Most of all, we are facing a new generation of sophisticated students, who were born into the digitized/multimedia world.
Study Program Mission StatementThe mission of the study program is to encourage and initiate academic development through the development of new study programs and methods while being responsive to the rapidly changing trends in the field. The proper education of the undergraduate students must also be a function of market needs and an understanding of how technology will develop in the foreseeable future. In order to ensure that our graduates are well qualified to meet the future needs of the market, meticulous attention must be paid to maintaining a high standard in the fundamental courses and imparting practical tools and skills. It is also important to introduce a wide variety of new subjects as well as to collaborate closely with industry.
Study Program Aims and Goals
For all of the different tracks we have established a core set of aims and goals:
- Provide the students with a rich and comprehensive study program, and keep the study program updated to meet the ever-changing requirements for engineers of the future.
- Enrich the student’s theoretical knowledge as well as teach practical and design skills and knowledge.
- Adapt our teaching methodologies and techniques focusing on understanding as a goal; to achieve skills such as self-learning and enable the student to acquire expertise via practice by understanding.
- Constantly update the teaching methods and the study program.
- Maintain relations with the various relevant industry sectors.
- Introduce the students to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities for conducting experiments that reinforce their understanding of the theoretical and practical issues studied in the courses.
- Promote research in the various fields and explore cooperation with other institutes in Israel.
- Recruit the best academic staff for our Faculty.
Study Program Strategic Plan & Roadmap
Student 2020 programStudent 2020 program which was initiated as a pilot during 2014 and includes 20 students. This program introduces a new teaching paradigm in which a small, elite student group has been chosen to participate. The goal is to discover and develop new teaching methodologies and techniques that will provide these students with the relevant academic and industrial skills that will help junior engineers shorten their training period as they begin their careers in industry. The program target is to provide deep understanding of fundamental scientific and engineering problems.
The excellence centers These provide a "greenhouse” environment for both students and researchers to develop new concepts and explore new directions in the program fields.
The M.Sc. Graduate Program The policy and mission statement of the graduate energy study program is to encourage and initiate academic development through the development of new study programs and methods¾all in light of the rapid changes taking place in this field.
(open as link) In order to ensure that our graduates are well qualified to meet the future needs of the energy market, meticulous attention must be paid to maintaining a high standard in the fundamental courses and imparting practical tools and skills. It is also important to introduce a wide variety of new subjects.
The program’s roadmap includes steps to establish the program as one of the leading programs in the field in Israel. For example, one of our goals is to develop and enroll students into Excellence Centers that will be industry showcases.